Created in 1991, the NISRA Foundation raises funds to support many of NISRA’s unique and innovative programs and capital projects. The Foundation has granted over $2 million to NISRA for valuable programs and services. Funds raised through business partnerships, fundraising events, grants and individual donors support the following focus areas:
- Program Services – Supporting NISRA to provide high quality programming.
- Scholarships – Offering financial support for those in need, enabling them to participate in NISRA programs and Summer Day Camps.
- Staffing – Assisting with staffing costs.
- Vehicle Replacement Fund – Purchasing wheelchair accessible vehicles that transport participants to weekly programs, special events, trips, adult day program activities, and more.
- Equipment – Purchasing equipment and supplies that allow staff to plan innovative and fun programs adapted to the needs of people with disabilities.
Allocation of Expenses
For every $1.00 given to NISRA Foundation:
79 cents goes to Program Service Expenses.
16 cents goes to Fundraising Expenses.
5 cents goes to Management & General Expenses.
YOU can make an impact!
Volunteer a bit of time!
Many volunteer opportunities are available. Assist at fundraising events, serve on an event planning committee or be a leader on the Foundation Board of Directors.
Ask your employer to match!
Check with your employer for details about their matching gift program. You may double, or even triple your contribution.
Leave a Legacy!
Remember NISRA in your will or estate planning and leave a lasting legacy. Please call NISRA or advisors for more information.
2022 Fundraising Events
Consider getting involved in our fundraisers! Check back for updates.
Swipe left and right over the below table to see any hidden information.
|April – May||NISRA Bowl-a-Thon|
|Friday, June 3||Spring Shootout Golf Outing|
|Sunday, June 12||Ride for Dreams/Top Cats Motorcycle Charity Ride|
|Tuesday, September 13||Women’s Golf Outing|
|Saturday, November 19||Annual Holiday Fashion Show|
NISRA Foundation Board of Directors
- Annette Hammortree, President
- Rochelle Donahue, Vice President
- Dawn Goerger, Treasurer
- Jim Wiseman, Secretary
- Julie Amendt
- Kim Buscemi
- Tad Gralewski
- Pat Kallaus
- Amy MacCrindle