Northern Illinois Special Recreation Assocation was formed in 1976 as an extension of park districts and municipal recreation departments, to provide recreation programs for their residents with disabilities. NISRA’s mission is: enriching the lives of people with disabilities through meaningful recreation experiences.
NISRA is committed to providing public access to information in compliance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act. Requests made under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to review or obtain copies of public records held by NISRA will be processed as quickly as possible.
FOIA Request Process
Requests may be submitted by mail, email, fax, or drop-off at the NISRA administrative office.
To open & print a FOIA Request Form (.pdf), click here
Requests should be directed to:
Chief FOIA Officer
285 Memorial Drive, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
815-459-0737, ext. 230
After a FOIA request is received, the Chief FOIA Officer will respond within five (5) business days with the requested materials, unless a request is denied or an extension is required. If a request is denied, partially denied, or an extension is required, the requesting party will be notified in writing. If a request is denied, there is an appeals process. The person making the request should make and retain a copy of the request in order to include a copy if a review/appeal needs to be filed.
Fees for copies:
- Original documents at NISRA’s administrative office at 285 Memorial Drive in Crystal Lake, Illinois may be inspected on-site at no charge.
- No fees are charged for the first 50 pages of black & white, letter or legal sized copies on white paper.
- For over 50 pages, 15 cents per page will be charged for additional black & white, letter or legal sized copies on white paper.
- 50 cents per page will be charged for color copies on letter or legal sized white paper.
- $1.00 will be charged for each certified document.
- Market rate will be charged to reproduce photographs, plats, maps, specifications and other documents larger than 8 1/2 x 14 inches.
All fees for copying or certification of documents are payable at the time the copies are made or certified.
Click on the following links to view the documents. The most commonly requested ones include, but are not limited to: NISRA audit (FY 2018-19), NISRA budget FY 2019-20, NISRA budget FY 2020-21, NISRA Board of Directors list & contact information, Strategic Plan, Comprehensive Long Range Master Plan, Board Meeting minutes, bid results, member district assessment information, and others. Total compensation package information per PA 097-0609/7.3(a) is available and may be reviewed in the office of the Executive Director at NISRA, 285 Memorial Drive, Crystal Lake, IL 60014.
Public Act 101-0504 requires Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) employers that have a website to include a link to the IMRF Employer Cost and Participation Information web page. Please click here to view NISRA’s information under Employer Number 05435.