Phase 5 Restore Illinois Guidelines Implementation:
With the State of Illinois’ move to Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois plan, NISRA’s primary concern remains the safety and wellbeing of its program participants, their families and friends, and the staff and volunteers of the Association. For most NISRA programs, staff and participants who have been fully vaccinated will have the choice of wearing a fabric face covering while at NISRA programs, both indoors and outdoors. By entering a program location/facility without a face covering you are being truthful that you have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccination at least 14 days ago and are fully vaccinated.
Beginning of Friday, June 11, 2021 we ask that you abide by and respect the following conditions for NISRA program participation:
• Staff and participants age 12 and older who have been fully vaccinated do not need to wear face coverings indoors or outdoors. Offsite facilities (Not managed by NISRA) may have stricter guidelines and may still require masks. In those instances, staff and participants will need to abide by those guidelines. Staff and participants should bring a fabric face covering to programs in case this applies.
• Unvaccinated adults, and children under the age of 12 must continue to wear face coverings indoors or outdoors. Outdoors, face coverings must be worn when social distancing is not possible for unvaccinated adults, and children under 12.
• If participants are vaccinated, and in a program with individuals under the age of 12, those participants will be required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
• For Special Olympics programs and other programs held outside with spectators, the same guidelines will apply.
• Face coverings will be required on NISRA vans or other forms of enclosed transportation.
• Participants needing personal care/support that puts staff within their personal space will be required to wear a face covering when receiving assistance.
• Staff who have been fully vaccinated do not need to wear face coverings unless they are involved in a program with children under the age of 12. NISRA requires staff to provide proof of vaccination.
Regardless of vaccination status, please refrain from coming to programs when you have signs or symptoms of COVID-19, including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
NISRA’s in-person eligibility requirements have not changed; however, vaccination may allow for more flexibility of the guidelines to attend in-person programs for those who otherwise were not eligible. If you cannot meet program guidelines, but have since been vaccinated, please contact Emily Todd at email@example.com, to reassess program eligibility.